We want your new Fusion floor to continue to look as good as the first day it was installed, so to help you achieve this we have laid out the following floorcare guidelines. Each product in the Fusion collection features a polyurethane (PU) treatment within a hard-wearing surface providing protection against everyday wear, ensuring optimum long-term performance of your floor. Furthermore, Fusion does not harbour dust mites or bacteria making it ideal for the home environment.
Floorcare instructions for domestic interiors:
Initial cleaning after your new floor has been installed:
- Avoid walking on the floor for at least 24 hours following completion of installation
- Sweep or vacuum to prevent loose dirt or grit from scratching the floor
- Polishing your floor can be beneficial to help prevent slight surface scratches and to provide further protection
Day to day cleaning:
- Sweep or vacuum the floor to remove loose dirt, grit or dust
- Use clean mops and neutral cleaning solutions to regularly clean your floor
- Contact your flooring provider for details of approved maintenance products
- Dilute the floor cleanser to the manufacturer’s instructions
- Mop the floor evenly
- Collect any excess liquid in a mop bucket
- Rinse the floor with clean water and allow to dry
Regular cleaning is more beneficial to the floorcovering and is more cost effective than occasional heavy cleaning.
- Install barrier mats at entrances to pick up grit and moisture. (Note, some rubber-backed mats may discolour the floor)
- Ensure your furniture is fitted with protective pads where necessary to prevent scratches.
- Use protective cups under heavy furniture to prevent indentation.
- Remove spillages as quickly as possible to reduce risk of staining and causing slip hazards.
- Always use clean equipment when maintaining your floor.
- Regularly trim pets claws as these can cause fine scratches.
- Use abrasive liquids or metal scouring pads as these can damage the floor.
- Clean the floor with solvents, caustic detergents, washing up liquids, soap powders, bleach, furniture polishes, petroleum based products, pine gels, stain removers or highly coloured products. Such products may make the floor slippery or cause permanent damage.
- Drag furniture with unprotected feet across the floor.
For commercial floorcare instructions contact your flooring provider for more details.